5-Year-Old Calls 911, Saves Choking Brother
A little girl sprang into action and displayed a heroic side at her Amityville, Long Island home when she saw that her baby brother was choking.
WCBS 880′s Sophia Hall said that she found it hard to believe that she was talking with a five-year-old when she spoke with Grace Varley, mainly because of how articulate she was.
Varley’s parents said that the little girl — who was wearing a pink dress when Hall met with her — is a hero, because when her two-year-old brother began choking on a chicken nugget, she knew exactly what to do.
“When Nana ran out of the house I called 911,” Grace explained.
As their grandmother was babysitting Grace and her brother, Myles, he began to choke. The grandmother began to panic and ran outside to find help, and that is when Grace stayed cool and called 911. She said that she loves her brother very much — not to mention princesses and the color pink.