Man Accidentally Swallows Metal Bristles
A Wash. man says he accidentally swallowed a steel bristle from a grill brush he used during a barbecue and needed emergency surgery to take it out.
KING 5reports that Adam Wojtanowicz’s went to the hospital Sunday complaining of abdominal pain that wouldn’t go away even after taking medication. Doctors then found a metal bristle and performed emergency surgery to pull out the thin metal bristle from his intestinal tract.
Wojtanowicz says he recently hosted a cookout, and he thinks a steel bristle from his grill brush fell onto his steak and he apparently swallowed the metal without realizing it. He is expected to make a full recovery.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention just warned Americans around the Fourth of July holiday of potential dangers from inadvertently swallowing wire brush bristles that may have fallen off grill-cleaning brushes.