Man Tries to Dry Socks and Underwear in Microwave, Starts Fire
A man had to be led to safety from his flat after a fire started when he tried to dry his underpants and socks in the microwave.
Firefighters were called to the blaze in Weymouth, Dorset, after concerned neighbours heard a fire alarm.
Residents from the block of flats led the man to safety from his second floor apartment after the fire at 10.45pm on Sunday.
The flames were quickly put out by firefighters.
A Dorset fire and rescue spokeswoman said: “The fire involved two pairs of underpants and two pairs of socks which the occupant had tried to dry by placing in the microwave.