Student almost Dies From ‘Butt Chugging’
A student has almost died after being given an ‘alcohol enema’ at a college fraternity house.
Alexander Broughton, 20, was rushed to hospital unconscious after a rubber tube was inserted into his rectum and alcohol poured in.
The practice, known among students as ‘butt chugging’, took place during a party at the Pi Kappa Alpha House on the grounds of the University of Tennessee.
Using the enema speeds up the process of alcohol entering the blood stream because it bypasses the liver’s filters.
The 20-year-old was found to have a dangerously-high blood alcohol level of ‘well over’ 0.4.
Hospital staff treating the unconscious student at first thought he was the victim of a sexual assault when they examined his body.